The Planthunter is looking for an enthusiastic and super organised marketing and admin assistant to join the gang. This is a great opportunity to join the team behind one of Australia’s most unique and exciting online publications.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the editor in a range of tasks – from uploading content to liaising with contributors, implementing social media and marketing strategy, assisting with email newsletters and database management, audience communication and more more more.
Position type: Contract – one to two days per week as required
Location: Marrickville, Sydney
Application closing date: Friday 2nd September, 2016
- General marketing and administrative assistance
- Uploading content to The Planthunter website
- Drafting and managing email newsletters and subscribers
- Liaising with contributors, interview subjects and readers as required
- Assisting in in social media strategy execution
- Assisting in marketing plan execution
- Helping out with all sorts of weird and wonderful opportunities as they arise – We are a tiny team and do absolutely everything, and you will too.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in marketing/communications
- Strong understanding of digital marketing theory and practice
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite applications like Photoshop and InDesign
- WordPress experience would be awesome, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding and passion for digital publishing and marketing
- Seriously good organizational skills – you’re methodical, accurate and neat
- Reliability, honesty, and kindness
- Plant love. Goes without saying, right?
You must have a meticulous attention to detail, be highly self-motivated and super organised, as well as being a damn fine human.
This is a great opportunity for the right guy or gal to become an integral part of our growing team and would suit a recent marketing/communications graduate who is looking to get their hands dirty in the world of digital publishing.
If you’re keen on joining the band of merry hunters please drop us a line at [email protected] and tell us:
- Why you want to work at The Planthunter
- Your previous work/life experience relevant to the position
- Your social media profile info (Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc)
- Anything else you think may be relevant….
- If you were a plant, what would you be?
We look forward to hearing from you!