A (Botanical) Road Trip Playlist
When planning a trip the focus is usually on the end destination, not the actual journey. But with a road trip it’s different. From your car window you see the world going on. You weave through valleys, dappled light filtering through tree canopies. You pass mountains heavy with trees, a bluish-green blur from your seat. You witness plains once flushed with plant life, now left naked by bush fire. Scrubby trees and wild flowers holding their own against the breeze. Farmland tamed by crops, with the occasional oak tree still standing, cows clustering in its shadow.
This month, as The Planthunter embarks on it’s very own road trip, what better backdrop to such a trip than a nature inspired playlist.
- Mother Nature’s Son by The Beatles
- Nothing But Flowers by The Talking Heads
- Lilac Wine by Jeff Buckley
- Tall Trees by Crowded House
- Garden of Serenity by The Ramones
- Parklife by Blur
- The Hanging Garden by The Cure
- California Dreamin’ by The Mamas and the Papas
- Dead Flowers by The Rolling Stones